Thursday, August 11, 2011

THIS IS NOT MY HOME PT 2




 THIS IS NOT MY HOME              

PART 2

Colossians 3:1 THEREFORE if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

In Colossians 3:1-3 Paul makes a few assumptions about you.

Isn’t that odd? I mean that Paul, writing a few thousand years ago, under the unction of the Holy Spirit, would basically slap you in the face with the following statement.
IF YOU have been raised up with Christ,
What do you mean Paul, IF I?
If implies that I MIGHT have been raised up.
Paul, about every Christian church will tell you that if you place your faith in Jesus than you are born again and going to Heaven when you die. What do you mean IF I?

Good come back to what some evangelical church’s would say is a personal assault don’t you think?
You know, all that everybody is going to heaven, God loves everyone, God is a fat black woman, Rick Warren is your pastor stuff that is floating around the “Christian” community?

Is it possible that when Paul was talking about being raised up with Christ that he was thinking that in order to be raised up with Christ that you first would have to be crucified with Him?
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

LET’S MAKE A LIST!

1. Are you absolutely positive that you have been crucified with Christ?

Crucified means I have become utterly estranged from (dead to) my former habit of feeling and action?
This is not a work of your self. This is a willing participation in an event that only Christ can accomplish. This is more than a life style. This is an eternal position.


Well, how do I know if I have been crucified with Christ?

2. Easy answer, who is living in you?

This is more than just who is in charge, or am I trying real hard to live for Jesus.
“Living” is worthy of the name.
OUCH!
Read the verse like this,
and it is no longer I who (is worthy of the name), but Christ (is worthy of the name) in me;
See, live also implies being active, blessed, endless in the kingdom of God.

I want to make sure that you don’t misunderstand me here.
As a true believer, you are alive in Christ. You are worthy because Christ has made you worthy. You are active, blessed and endless in the kingdom of God, BUT it is all by and through your relationship with Christ. All of it is accredited to you, but NONE of it is accomplished by you.
My purpose is to get you to examine yourself and thought process through the word of God.
Paul continues…
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God
Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38 all say that “THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH”
Just, basically means righteous, but lets add a stronger definition.
JUST: used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life.
Make no mistakes about it. The above definition should not alarm you in anyway. This is faith. Your faith. Let me ask you, has Gods gift of faith removed that mountain in your life yet?

One last line to examine…
who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Good question isn’t it?

Who
Loved
Me?

Who
Gave
Himself
Up
For
Me?

You know its true don’t you?
But you still, from time to time find yourself struggling with that statement don’t you?

Jesus loves me this I know…
But sometimes, I just don’t know.
Little one’s to Him belong…
But sin in me is sometimes so strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me, the bible tells me so…
But my doubt and fear just won’t let go.

It is true that we all from time to time struggle with our faith and wrestle with God. BUT going back to being crucified with Christ, I must ask you.
How many times do you have to kick a dead person before they react to you kicking them?

Ya, try and kick me and see what happens to you.
Why?
Because Bob is alive and well and willing to kick you back.

Now that’s something that we all need to work on isn’t it?

Stay tuned for Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment