Sunday, October 2, 2011

Facebook comment on GAY RIGHTS

The comment on Gay Rights is below, but before you read it I want to admit that I have been struggling with some attitudes. My own of course!
Anyway, this whole blog was to be based on what I may find in the soil of my heart. I don't like what I have been finding lately.

Bear with me. 
How can I post on a blog something which I don't even want to look at myself?
Oh geez, don't freak out. I am not in some grievous, unrepentant sin.

I have to admit that I even struggled with posting the following on facebook because I am tired of being persecuted by "christians" for what I believe. What really upsets me is that most Christians think themselves experts on wisdom and godly character. When the truth is all of us are learning.
I am not angry, I just don't seem to care anymore. Maybe it's my way of coping with the last church disaster. I am not perfect, but geepers, I even cut my hair because the pastor told me to! And I did it because I believed that God wanted me to do it. I am serious about that. But all I got was grief from the leadership. Never another church member, just the leadership.
Before you start commenting about me feeling sorry for myself or that pity party crap, try to understand that if someone tried to shoot you every time you stood up, you would either stop standing up, or you would leave that place.
Well,  after almost 3 years, I did leave that place. but I left before I learned to just stay sitting. In other words, I got shot at continually.

Ok, hope something of that made sense to you as I was trying to just give you a feel for what I am currently wrestling with.
Ok, here is the Facebook post...


One of my favorite quotes is by Mark Twain. It goes like this...

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination".

True Christianity is lived in submission to the leading of the Holy Spirit and the Scriptures.
There are many "preachers" out there who use this truth to their advantage. I can name several that I know personally. They corrupt, misrepresent and shame Christ.

The problem with the Christian way of life is that non believers will always be upset with committed Christians because the true Christian life is one of holiness. Every Christian ATTEMPTS to live this life and every Christian fails miserably on a daily basis. Its when as a Christian you force that same life style on others, you go beyond what Christ did while He was here on this earth. (Is earth capitalized?)
You cannot legislate morality. God has done that. It is His ways that we are called to follow. But what to do about "gay rights"?

In the constitution, it says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

As a born again believer, as I am and was when I attended your wonderful, not boring class, I must place Scripture above all. This includes its proper interpretation. Homosexuality is a sin. Period. Now what do I do about it? God made the rule already. We don't need a law governing homosexuality. Now as an American, I voluntarily submit myself, as the bible says, to the law of the land. This includes your rights AS AN AMERICAN (not a gay man or heterosexual man) .

Now how do we grant gay people their constitutional rights which are, "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I honestly don't know. Jesus never forced morality or good behavior on anyone but the self righteous teachers, rulers and judges. So that can't be right. Admitting that I do not have the answers, I just want to make the point that God instituted marriage. Gays or anybody else who does not believe in the Christian God of the bible should not get married. Don't try to change our historical and spiritual rights to marriage. Create a law and call it GAYRRIAGE. Let that law which spells out the legalize govern the gays.

Bill, in your class, you demonstrated to me that you are open to discussion and courteous of another's feelings or viewpoint, while not giving up your convictions. Saying that I thank you for being open about your convictions but that woman's article had noting of your character in it. It was blatantly hurtful, vindictive and untruthful.

Some of the religious nut cases out there along with the fanatical gays give a bad name to people like me who are trying to live a life of peace and personal commitment to Jesus. I don't fear or loathe gay people. I find lesbians to be very interesting people. I love chatting with them about anything. Especially home renovation projects.

I don't force my beliefs on the gay people that I know, but they do know where I stand. Jesus took the punishment for my sin upon Himself so that I could be free of guilt and condemnation. But most of all because I have a Father Creator who loves me. I want that for you as a person and all people who deal with the situation of homosexuality. If I was a pastor, and an obviously gay couple wanted to attend, three things would happen.

First, I would welcome you and ask you what it is that you are seeking for that you came to this church.

Second, I would instruct you my stance as shepherd over this particular flock, that ALL HAVE SINNED and fallen short of the glory of God. This includes the sin of homosexuality.

Now being assured that my job of protecting the flock given to my care is accomplished, and the gay couple wanted to learn more about Jesus, then I would...

Thirdly welcome the both of them in. I would instruct my flock to do the same. People need love and security. If you cannot find it in the body of believers, then Christ is not among them.

Understand that when a passage about sexual sin comes up, the truth of Gods Word will be preached with as much passion and commitment as I would if I preached about Jesus forgiving the adulterous woman.
A gay mans sin is no greater than any sin that I commit.
Jesus didn't come to save the gay person from their gayness. Jesus came to save us all from our SIN if we would repent and confess our sin to Him He is faithful and just to cleanse us from all our unrighteousness.

Thanks for the dialogue and I will shut up now.

Its me. The Facebook post is done.
What do you think?
Would love to hear your viewpoint.

Bob

3 comments:

  1. I am blessed that you have decided to start blogging again....Thank you for being obedient.
    God is Faithful...
    Love you,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back! Have missed your posts Mr. Bob.

    Before we judge and reject someone according to their "sin" and cast them out of our "community" simply ask yourself WWJD if that person was standing in front of Him. Would He cast them out, or would He open His arms and love them. Sure. . . . we aren't Jesus but then can we really claim to be a follower of Christ if we do not accept His ways and teachings. Do the seekers,hurting,curious, searching see our love when they step into the doorways or classrooms of the church today. . . .It depends on their "sin" alot of times...Am I right?! Jesus spent time with the “sinners” of His day – -prostitutes,tax collectors and so on. They knew that their lifestyles were sinful & they didn’t expect Him to condone them. Once they got to know Him, they saw His love and this led them to repentance. They were grateful for His forgiveness & their lives changed from the inside out.

    What God said in His word still applies to our lives today. I still believe that homosexual activity is a sin, and that gay marriage is a sinful lifestyle. What has changed is the way I see myself as professing Christian.

    I don’t have to tell gay people that the Bible says that they are living in sin. Their sin is no different from the sin of anyone else – The only difference between a Christian and a non-Christian is that we have been saved by grace and redeemed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are BACK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete